Built on traditional Berber principles, Kasbah Bab Ourika is perched majestically on a hilltop at the apex of the lush Ourika Valley with stunning 360-degree panoramic views.
Why we like Kasbah Bab Ourika
The Kasbah is one of the most eco-friendly hotels in Morocco; constructed principally from rammed earth, the traditional Berber building technique. The thick walls provide great insulation even in the heat of the summer so air conditioning is not necessary. Solar panels provide hot water for the hotel and the underfloor heating in the dining and bar area.
The 26 rooms are all individually decorated and all have stunning views but some have the comfort of an open fireplace and private terrace. 15 rooms are found in the main Kasbah building and a further 12 rooms in the gardens including two pool suites and the Villa Retreat, ideal for a family of four. The decor is simple and stylish in muted tones with ethnic touches of locally sourced Berber carpets, pompom blankets, and window dressings. In the dining room, the smiling, attentive staff will offer you a selection of artisanal Moroccan and International cuisines. The luxuriant gardens are beautifully laid out in terraces leading down to a gorgeous pool (not heated). Within the grounds, the vegetable garden provides farm to fork vegetables and salads.
With 360 degree panoramic views, the end of the day is a spectacular sunset over the Ourika Valley. Fill your days with action-packed trekking, village visits, and Berber life. In addition to easy walks locally, longer treks include the remote Salt National Park.
- Trek with a member of the team to reach the local market and Berger Villages.
- The Beldi Spa is a space in the gardens for wellbeing, relaxation, and massage.
- Discover the benefits of a traditional Moroccan scrub. in a traditional hammam. Learn to make Berber tea.
- Take a tour of the herb garden to collect mint.
- Trek up to two hours on camelback from the Kasbah through Timalizen and down to the river.
- Explore the National Park with a picnic lunch.
- Walk up to the Setti Fatma and waterfalls in the Ourika Valley with a private trekking guide.
- Walk through the forest and stop to have lunch in a local Berber house.
In a prime position on a hilltop, in the exceptionally beautiful landscapes of the Atlas Mountains. Only 40 minutes from Marrakech Airport.