Surrounded by lush tropical greenery, this comfortable hotel, set in an 18th-century, Dutch Colonial-style building, is a six minute walk from the Mahatma Gandhi Beach, and three kms from the Mattancherry Palace.
The elegant rooms, with high ceilings, antique wood furniture and marble bathrooms, feature free Wi-Fi and tea and coffeemaking equipment; some rooms include open-air showers, verandas and private ponds. Complimentary breakfast is served in a sophisticated restaurant with ceramic tile floors and a wood-beamed ceiling. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and a spa with Ayurvedic treatments.
Old Harbour Hotel is in a prime location within a few steps of the town's famous Chinese fishing nets, and a hop away from the Ernakulum ferry and the spice market.
- Stroll past the fishermen working the giant Chinese fishing nets in the harbour
- Use the hotel's simple spa or get a massage at the nearby Ayush Ayurvedic centre
- Start the day with yoga on the roof, before relaxing by the infinity pool
- Book a cruise along the backwaters
- Go shopping at the spice market, ginger and clove factory or the weekly antiques market
- Hire a vintage Royal Enfield motorbike for the day and head for the beach
Why we like it
Beautiful hotel and amazing staff in a perfect location for exploring the Fort.