Between a beach and freshwater lagoon, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara offers refreshing luxury in Oman's southern region of Dhofar. Experience a beachfront oasis that is the first luxury villa resort of its kind in Salalah.
Why we like Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara
A top spot for winter sun, within a stone's throw from World Heritage Sites, mountains and deserts.
The accommodation is made up of 40 sea view or garden view rooms, each with a balcony. In addition, there are 90 low-rise private villas with pools and private concierge service. The pick of these is the Beach Pool Villa, with direct beach access. The beach is on the doorstep for an invigorating swim, while watching for dolphins that frequent the bay. The hotel has an outdoor temperature-controlled infinity swimming pool overlooking the great expanse of blue. The three restaurants offer tasty local delicacies using fresh, local ingredients as well as offering delicious international menus. If you can tear yourself away from the pool and beach, there are excellent leisure facilities, including the world-class Anantara Spa.
- Gym, tennis court, volleyball court, basketball, table tennis, badminton court, petanque, beach football and a billiard table
- Water sports and dive centre
- Kids and teens clubs, children’s splash area and gaming room
- Sunset yoga classes
- Local guides lead fabulous day trips from the hotel visiting archaeological sites of interest
- ‘Mixology’ – gather in the bar for fun cocktail classes
- ‘Spice Spoons’ - Thai and Arabian cooking classes
Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara occupies a superb location on a palm-fringed beach and a freshwater lagoon. The hotel can be found next to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Al Baleed Archaeological Park, and close to Salalah town. Salalah Airport is a short 15 minute drive from the resort. Salalah can be reached via connecting flights with many of the Middle Eastern airlines.