Located outside Delhi, just off the Delhi-Jaipur highway, nestling against the Aravalli Hills is Tikli Bottom. An elegant, Lutyens-style country farmhouse offering a wonderfully serene introduction to India.
Tikli Bottom has the character of a hill station, being almost surrounded by hills, and lies less than 50 kms south of central Delhi in the state of Haryana, off the Delhi-Jaipur highway and is 30km and 45 minutes from the international airport. It is peaceful, quiet and most relaxing.
Four double bedrooms are offered to guests to live en famille with the owners, Martin and Annie Howard. No beds are more comfortable; nobody's air is cleaner, so close to Delhi, no food more organic and tasty; and nobody's views through the windows better. They offer a soft landing on arrival in India, or as a tell-all-about-it safe haven before departing. Bedrooms have ACs, dressing rooms and bathrooms with tubs and showers. Sleeping on a charpai under the stars remains an option for the adventurous, so ask if you would like to do it. Pay for the bedroom and full board is free (breakfast, lunch and dinner and all drinks and tax), then enjoy living as a guest.
- Optional extras are full body massage and reflexology.
- Relaxation is supreme for those that want just that, while for exercise there are a variety of local walks on the flat or up the hills, and round our organic farm and local village, taking in their very successful and expanding school.
- A swimming pool renders the hotter months cooler.
- Golf on the nearby championship links course stretches the best.
- Bird-watching and photography are best at dawn and dusk. A day picnic outing to Sultanpur bird sanctuary is good value in winter.
Why we like it
Tikli Bottom is a destination, not a stepping stone. Stay three nights to get the most out of us. There is plenty for the active to do, yet nowhere is better for doing nothing at all.