Located in the remote northerly sections of the Great Barrier Reef, Lizard Island is an understated yet stylish retreat, rimmed by 24 powdery white sand beaches and fringed with colourful coral reefs.
Guest accommodation is offered in a range of 40 villas, rooms and suites, most of which make the most of the wonderful ocean views and some have their own private plunge pool. Facilities at the resort include a swimming pool and spa although the real star of a stay here are the beaches and reef.
Why we like lizard island resort
Located on a remote and ruggedly beautiful island on the Great Barrier Reef, surrounded by pristine beaches and coral reefs - what's not to like?
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Fitness area
- Restaurant with ocean views serving modern Australian, European and Asian cuisine
- Degustation beachside dining
- Choice of bars, one serving pizzas on selected evenings
Included in a stay at Lizard Island
All guests staying at Lizard Island have the following included in their stay:
- All meals
- Unlimited non-alcoholic drinks
- A selection of wine, beer and basic spirits
- Deluxe picnic hampers for private beach outings
- Access to motorised dinghies to explore locally independently
- Unlimited use of paddle boards and kayaks
- Snorkelling gear
Activities on the island are all about the Great Barrier Reef, from Scuba diving to snorkelling and fishing safaris. The kitchen will happily provide a picnic hamper and you can head off to find a private beach on which to spend the day lazing and swimming. Out of the water play tennis, work out at the gym, climb the craggy peak of Cook’s Look Out, walk a guided nature trail or treat yourself to a treatment at Azure Spa.
Twice weekly visits to the resident island research centre are also an option, which is home to coral reef researchers from around the world.
Located around 240 kilometres north of Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef. Reached via a one hour flight from Cairns.