The contemporary Yangzi Explorer has been completely refurbished and now offers a truly luxurious cruise option in China. The experience is further complimented from the small amount of cabins (only 62), each with a private balcony, creating a sense of exclusivity and space on board.
With fewer passengers the ship can offer a 1:1 service ratio, also meaning that the on-shore excursions are based on small groups and so you can visit fascinating but less crowded sites including some exclusive experiences.
The Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer cruises the Yangtze River, travelling downstream from Chongqing and Yichang over three nights or upstream from Yichang to Chongqing over four nights. The itinerary includes shore excursions to the Three Gorges Dam Project, Fengdu and Shennong Stream. This summer there is a special four-night Shennongjila cruise sails from Yichang to Chongqing including excursions to Shennongjia Nature Reserve – an ancient bamboo forest with spectacular mountainous scenery, and home to the iconic golden monkeys.
In addition, a family summer camp has been introduced, a great opportunity to engage your children in a fascinating culture through fun and entertainment.
Our highlights of China holiday idea includes a Yangtze cruise which is a great experience as part of any trip to China.
The cabins have all benefited from interior designer touches, with inspiration taken from the local region and translated into contemporary design. Artwork, cushions and furniture were sourced in local markets.
The boat has a full spa and state of the art fitness centre and the restaurant is run by a team of internationally trained chefs who create innovative a-la-carte menus, combining a wonderful choice of Chinese and continental cuisine.
On-board activities incorporate cultural traditions and include Tai Chi classes, Chinese cooking classes and hands-on calligraphy and silk embroidery workshops. Fun activities, on-board entertainment and amenities for children are also available. During July and August there are children’s summer camp activities onboard with dedicated staff.
why we like it
The Yangzi Explorer offers a level of comfort that was hitherto unavailable on Yangtze river cruises.
- Book at least 90 days in advance of sailing and save between 10 and 25%, a saving of up to £450 per person, per cruise
- Add to this a complimentary upgrade to a suite from a deluxe cabin, making it a fantastic offer
- valid for all 2018 and 2019 departures
- T&C's apply - book and pay in full three months prior to travel and cabin upgrade is subject to availability at the time of booking
- On selected dates children cruise for free when sharing a cabin with two paying adults
- No single supplement charges on selected sailings during the month of March and between May and September, saving from £950