Nestled in ancient rainforest and metres away from the tranquil Datai Bay, The Datai occupies a stunning location. The 121 rooms, villas and suites all make the most of the surrounding scenery with some located literally in the tree tops, others on stilts deep in the tropical rainforest or just a stones throw from the white sands of Datai Bay.
All have some form of outdoor space and some have private pools and butler service. Superb service is complimented by facilities including a choice of pools, a spa and a selection of restaurants.
Why we like it
A small path leads down to the most beautiful expanse of beach. This is Datai Bay, and it is easy to see why National Geographic has rated this as one of the top 10 beaches in the world.
- Two swimming pools, one adult only and one beachside family pool with toddler pool
- Beachfront, state of the art fitness centre
- 18-hole golf course
- Two tennis courts a short drive away
- Private beach
- A choice of restaurants
Without even leaving the resort there is plenty to occupy both adults and children alike. Join one of the guided nature walks to explore the surrounding rainforest – the resident naturalist will introduce you to the jungle wildlife. Alternatively, take a trek with a local medicine man to learn about the healing properties of the lush foliage or just take a dip in the jungle stream. Offshore activities include snorkelling, windsurfing, sea kayaking and sailing or take to two wheels to explore by bike. Cooking and batik workshops are also available.
A dedicated nature centre run by a team of marine biologists and naturalists offers a great opportunity to learn about the rainforest environment as well as the chance to participate in conservation and research activities. A butterfly trail and small canopy walk also offer a wonderful way to connect with nature here.
Located on the north coast of the beautiful island of Langkawi, approximately 30 kilometres off the west coast of mainland Malaysia and reached in just a 30-minute drive from the islands main airport.
- Stay at the Datai on reopening this September and benefit from the Re Launch Offer of 20% reduction.
- Combine this with an early bird booking offer of 10% when booked at least 30 days before travel.
- In addition, stay seven nights and pay only five
- Stay 7 nights between November and mid March in a Canopy Deluxe Room on bed and breakfast basis from £795 per person, excluding flights - a saving of £1,500 per booking.
- Family Offer - children under 12 stay free when sharing the room with parents. Children under five dine for free. Valid for October half term
- The above offers are valid for travel between 01 November 2018 and 15 March 2019