Mount Agung provides a dramatic backdrop for Amankila, a secluded resort overlooking the Lombok Strait. Spacious stilted villas offer exceptional views from their hillside locations amongst frangipani and bougainvillea.
Guests can relax around the signature three-tiered pool or at the Beach Club on Amankila’s black sand beach. What separates Amankila from other luxury Bali resorts is that it is situated in Karangasem, one of Bali’s most traditional regencies. Amankila also offers easy access to untouched rural countryside, local crafts and the region’s royal past.
Why we like it
For its sheer sense of style. The three-tier pool which flows down the hill, the traditional yet stylish architecture allowing the stilted suites, some with private pools, others with large terraces and all with sea views, to offer a stunning sense of calm.
Amankila is perfectly placed to visit Bali’s eastern charms – rice terraces, smaller villages and fabulous views of the Lombok Strait. Visit Ubud, take out a stand-up paddle board or venture to the nearby wreck site for diving. For hidden culture visit the Ujung Palace or unwind with yoga on the beach.
- Plenty of unmotorised water sports
- 41-metre pool overlooking the black sand beach
- Guided kayaking and snorkelling as well as world class surfing
- Delicious locally sourced food, some from the hotels own free-range farm
- Private dining, either in the Tirta Sari Bale or beachside with candles
- Plant based spa treatments in the tropical canopy spa
- Two motor boats available for private charters around through the nearby waters
Nestled on Bali’s east coast, Amankila is an easy one hour drive from Bali’s international airport and southern beaches.