To celebrate Bear Appreciation Week, we bring you our favourite 5 bear facts. We’ve even added some jokes that make us giggle. Share your facts with us on Twitter or Facebook or test us on our bear knowledge.
1. Grizzly bears give birth in their sleep and can run up to 35 mph (not whilst asleep).
2. Brown bears tend to be fussy eaters and only eat the most nutritious parts of the salmon (eggs/brains/ skin) and disregard the remainder of the body unless they are desperate for food. This behaviour is referred to as “high-grading”.
3. Polar bears do not have white fur but hollow clear hairs that reflect the white surroundings.
4. A Sun bear is the smallest of all bears, residing in the tropical forests of Asia. Surprisingly despite its size, its tongue can be up to 25 cm long.
5. If you eat a polar bear liver, you’ll die. Humans can’t handle that much vitamin A.
Our favourite bear jokes.
Q. What would bears be without ears?
Q. What do you call a bear with no teeth?
A. A gummy bear.
A grizzly bear walks into a bar and says to the bartender “can I have a gin……..and tonic please?” The bartender says “why the big pause?” And the bear says “Because I”m a bear!”