Reptiles Group Tours
With over 8,000 species of reptiles on the planet, it’s no wonder that they come in various forms. The most recognisable: crocodiles, snakes, lizards, turtles and tortoises. Steppes Travel provide reptile encounter tours that can take you to see any of these species.
Below are some of our reptile group tours but please do call us and ask our experts for more details and information to tailor-make your own holiday.
- There are more than 8,000 species of reptiles on the planet.
- The first reptiles are believed to have evolved around 320 million years ago.
- There are four main reptile groups.
- The largest reptile is the saltwater crocodile.
- Reptiles are found on every continent except Antarctica.
- All reptiles are cold blooded. Their body temperature relies on the environment.
- Lizard and snake species make up the largest number of different reptiles.