Mammals Group Tours
Today there are about 5,000 species of mammal in the world, both on land and in the sea therefore, many of the worlds mammals are instantly recognisable to us. With wildlife tours located in various places around the world, Steppes Travel provide some exceptional insights into innumerable mammal habitats.
- There are approximately 5,000 mammal species.
- All mammals nurture their young with milk.
- Mammals display a high level of parental care.
- All mammals have hair.
- Bats are the only mammals that can fly.
- All mammals except anteaters, platypus and Baleen whales have teeth.
- The African elephant is the largest mammal on land.
- There are divided into three groups which are based on how their babies develop monotremes, marsupials, and the, placental mammals.
- The Australian continent is the only place in the world where all three major classes of mammals are found
12% of mammal species are found in Indonesia which is the largest for any country.