Big Cat Group Tours
The ‘big cats’ are the tiger, lion, leopard and jaguar. These cats can be seen throughout the world from Asia, to Africa and South America. Here at Steppes Travel, we run various group tours which allow you to see many of these species in their natural habitat. Steppes also work alongside many charitable organisations and provide a hands-on experience in supporting the conservation of these endangered cats.
- The "big cats" are the tiger, lion, leopard and jaguar - all members of the genus Panthera.
- The snow leopard does not have the ability to roar.
- The African lion has the longest larynx and the so the loudest roar.
- A “panther” isn’t a real animal, it is a term used to describe black, cougars, jaguars and leopards.
- The leopard is the most widespread of all the big cats.
- The amur leopard is one of the most endangered animals in the world.
- The jaguar is the third largest cat in North and South America.