Located in the heart of Cappadocia, on the site of an ancient monastery in Old Uçhisar Village, Argos Hotel offers unique accommodation in converted historical dwellings, underground tunnels and caves.
Scattered throughout six different buildings the 53 rooms all differ in size, layout, and style but all have been sympathetically decorated in a traditional yet comfortable style using exposed brickwork, Turkish furnishings, and contemporary touches. Plant-filled gardens and sunny terraces offer the perfect place to soak up the wonderful views while dining al fresco or drinking a glass of local wine from the hotel's extensive wine cellar.
Why we like Argos in Cappadocia
Perfect for honeymooners we love the Splendid Suites which come with indoor cave pools.
The rooms and suites are spread over various different buildings and caves. There is larger accommodation that can sleep up to eight people and comes with a cave lounge and an infinity pool and terrace. The hotel is child-friendly with plenty of space in the larger suites to accommodate extra beds for children.
- Go to a classical, jazz or Sufi music recital performed in one of the underground caves
- The local area is a great base for hiking, adventure sports and visiting the Goreme museum
- Take a free hotel tour to reveal the site that once contained a 1500-year-old monastery
- Watch hot air balloons drift through the valley from the hotels outdoor dining space
- The Urgups annual International Wine and Grape Festival is held in October
- Enjoy a tasting session of local wines from the hotel wine cellar
Located in the heart of Cappadocia on the site of an ancient monastery in Old Uçhisar Village. Located in the heart of Cappadocia on the site of an ancient monastery in Old Uçhisar Village. Nevsehir airport is half an hour away by car, and the busier Kayseri Airport is an hour’s drive away.