british airways sale
Book your holiday including British Airways flights from London to Bangkok before the 31st January 2017 and benefit from a complimentary one way upgrade home to World Traveller Plus on us!
WHY VISIT BANGOK
Bangkok needs little introduction and is one of the world’s most exciting cities. Wonderful hotels, good shopping, palaces and floating markets are just a few of the delights on offer. It should be included for a night or two as part of your journey.
Although many travellers try to avoid visiting Thailand’s capital city due to its immense and chaotic nature it is an interesting city to discover. Amongst the thriving streets are many fascinating temples, Buddha statues and ancient ruins. Bangkok is a true example of the force of modernisation in the East: a vast metropolis of towering skyscrapers and luxury hotels blended sitting alongside local houses and religious temples and palaces.
All too often Bangkok is just used as a quick stopping point between holidays to other regions of Thailand and South East Asia, however to not spend a few days there exploring is to miss out on the very essence of Thailand. Yes, it is busy, sometimes dirty and always on the go but find a peaceful temple, a back street market and a colourful flower market, not to mention some of the best shopping in Asia, making Bangkok a great city for those who enjoy the buzz and atmosphere of city life.
- Explore the canals of Bangkok by long tailed boat
- Buy a Nancy Chandler map and explore by foot
- Take a private guide for an evening to taste some street food
- Visit the former capital of Ayutthaya, travel one way by boat.
- Have lunch and buy some silk at Jim Thompson’s House Museum
- Wake up very early and visit Pak Khlong Talad, the city’s biggest flower market.
- Follow the Elephant Parade trail in 2015 around the city
Beyond the Ordinary
Stay at The Siam and have a private Thai Boxing lesson, known locally as Muay Thai