Noel Rodrigo's Leopard Safaris is an award-winning safari camp found in Yala National Park. This non-permanent camp prides itself, and rightly so, on their guides having been founded by Noel Rodrigo in 2006 after 35 years tracking leopard in the park. Accommodation varies across classic mobile tents and luxury lodge tents in an African safari style.
With customised 4x4s for exciting game drives, of which two are included daily, delicious food and drinks served in the fire-lit campsite by the welcoming team and children being taught animal identification all go into making a few days spent in Yala comfortable but most importantly authentic.
Why we like Noel Rodrigo Leopard Safaris Yala
The standard of guiding is world class. Leopards are a particular area of expertise for Noel and his team who provide support to the Leopard Project, part of the Wilderness & Wildlife Conservation Trust.
Eight classic mobile tents offer a comfortable, close-to-nature experience, respectful to the delicate natural environment. They offer a choice of double, twin, triple and family tents, each with a jungle-view living area, a private flushing toilet and a hot water outdoor shower for starlit bathing. If you wanted a little more comfort then upgrade to a luxury lodge tent. These luxury tents are spacious and offer four poster king sized bed with energy-saving air conditioning and ensuite bathrooms. They also boast a timber deck for private dining. There is also a luxury lodge family tent with a king size master bed and bunk. This tent can accommodate up to five guests, is air-conditioned and has a large bathroom with an open-to-the-sky shower. Food is exceptional and camp chefs prepare traditional Sri Lanka food of the highest order. Produce is sourced locally or grown in the camp's garden.
- Morning and afternoon jeep safaris into Yala National Park
- Nature walks accompanied by a naturalist
- Visits to local villages
Noel Rodrigo's Leopard Safari Camp in Yala is located on the edge of Yala National Park on the south coast of Sri Lanka. Yala can be accessed by scheduled or private charter flights to the local airstrip, or from the tea hills (a drive of approximately five hours) during a touring itinerary.
- Switch off in Sri Lanka - Ideal for anybody looking for rest and recuperation this 14-day holiday stays in the most relaxing of hotels, including - Noel Rodrigo Leopards Safaris, Yala - and is enhanced with the best insights and experiences.
- From £2,500 per person for travel between August and March 2019.
- Receive free upgrades where applicable, complimentary dinners, bottles of bubbly, free yoga classes, free excursions and upgrades to your safari experience.
- Accommodations include Santani Wellness Resort, near Kandy, Noel Rodrigo Leopard Camp, Yala, The Last House, Tangalle and Wallawa, near Negombo.
- Subject to availability.