Taylors Hill combines the contemporary with the history and legacy of tea in Ceylon. A distinctive, 100 year old planters house in Kandy with sumptuous decor and up-country cosiness, Taylors Hill is one of the most stylish tea estate hotels in the Kandy area.
There are five luxurious bedrooms on the upstairs floor. All the bedrooms have their own private bathroom and WC. Every day the rooms are cleaned and beds made with a daily housekeeping service. Staff are always available for check-in and departure 24 hours a day. Downstairs rooms are light and spacious, with two sitting rooms, a dining-room, a TV room, a dedicated snooker room and not least a play room for kids.
The property sits in several acres of pretty lawns and gardens, with views towards the hills surrounding Nuwara Eliya. Outside there's enough to keep all the family occupied with an infinity pool, tennis court, badminton, croquet as well as walking trails. At a reasonable distance to Kandy and its heritage sites, and being amongst up-country tea plantations and unspoiled countryside, guests can remain at one location to enjoy both of these, as well as take time to relax and enjoy themselves.
Taylors Hill provides an ideal base to explore the sites in and around Kandy, including The Temple of the Tooth and Botanical Peredeniya Gardens, as well as the country's primary Ceylon Tea Museum. You are as close as you can be to the beating heart and history of tea in Sri Lanka, closer than any other hotels in Kandy, to visit Loolecondera to see where James Taylor lived.
- For exercise and sport, there is quintessential walking and biking countryside on your doorstep, and a golf course at both Nuwara Eliya and Victoria Reservoir outside Kandy. If it's tennis, swimming, croquet or badminton you need, venture no further than the gardens of the hotel.
- A part of your visit must be about tea, and Taylors Hill is the hotel closest to the heart of the history of tea in Sri Lanka.
- Relax in the gardens or take the challenge of a game of snooker on the full-size snooker table
- Use the swimming pool and sun terrace with views over the hills. Taylors Hill has its own tennis court, badminton and croquet.
- Take in a movie in the TV room which has a 42" Flat Screen TV with surround-sound, and numerous digital channels available.
- See a wide variety of bird life around the gardens.