Why Visit Boquete
The town of Boquete can be found in the province of Chiriqui that borders Costa Rica. This lush landscape is home to majestic volcanic mountain ranges, trout filled rivers and beautiful agricultural scenery. For those that love the outdoors and fresh mountain air Boquete is a must.
In the 19th Century Boquete meaning ‘gap’ or ‘opening’ was the corridor for gold seekers making their way to the Pacific Ocean. Boquete is a cool and fertile valley 1,600 metres above sea level. With an average temperature of 20ºC throughout the year, this spring like climate produces the sweetest oranges and the richest coffee.
- Hold on to your oars and embark on a world class rafting experience
- Hike in Barú National Park; a diverse landscape with volcanic origins
- Superb birding opportunities
- Spend a day in the Gulf of Chiriqui for kayaking, snorkelling and whale watching
- Visit a coffee farm and learn about the picking and roasting process.
Beyond the Ordinary
Climb the highest peak in Panama. Volcan Barú stands at 3,475 metres above sea level. Its last eruption was over half a century ago, and today the inactive volcano is surrounded by tropical rainforest. Reaching the summit at dawn is the best chance for clear skies and a spectacular view to both seas.