La Sultana Oualidia is the perfect five-star nature and ocean escape to relax and rest. The hotel is located along Morocco's Atlantic Coast, three hours drive from Marrakech, on Oualidia's lagoon, an area famous for its oyster farms and flocks of pink flamingos passing by.
Why we like La sultana oualidia
The luxurious spa is monumental with huge columns seemingly reaching into the sky. La Sultana provides a wonderfully decadent experience.
- Each of the 12 rooms or suites has a private terrace with seawater Jacuzzi. There is a Tree House Suite with panoramic lagoon views for those preferring complete privacy.
- There is a 40-metre long infinity pool surrounded by decking, providing a great place to lounge on a day bed. The private beach is a stone's throw away.
- There is a spa, a Moroccan hammam and an additional spa pool.
- Enjoy some of the best seafood of the Atlantic coast in the restaurant.
- The walled garden of La Sultana provides a safe haven for children and there is safe swimming in the lagoon with expanses of wide sandy beach.
Oualidia is a small village on the Atlantic coast, facing a saltwater lagoon and beach where ocean and coast merge. The magic of the lagoon and the tides provide a constantly changing backdrop. Poised on the edge of the ocean, in a site of great ecological importance, Oualidia will attract, captivate, energise and sooth in equal measure. The beauty of the natural landscape comes with an exceptional climate, offering cool winters and fresh air in the summer. Protected by the wind thanks to the lagoon, the temperature is never too cold or too hot with a range between 12° in the winter and 26° in the summer.
This is the perfect destination for the following activities:
- Fish or sail on the placid lagoon
- Birdwatch in the saltwater marshes - expect to see avocets, warblers and godwits
- Pampering at the world-class spa
- Swim in the safe lagoon
- Try kite surfing or quad biking on the long expanses of Atlantic beach
Reaching Oualidia is a three-hour drive from Marrakech or two hours from Casablanca. The hotel is located in an isolated position 20 minutes walk from the walled city.
Combine your stay at La Sultana Oualida with a stay at its sister property, La Sultana Marrakech a two to three-hour drive away.