Located only a few minutes from the souks, the port and the beach, Dar Liouba is the perfect base from which to explore Essaouira. Dar Liouba is a former Imam’s house nestled in the heart of Essaouira's Medina.
It offers an Arab-Andalusian inspired décor of rich, warm colours.
WHY WE LIKE IT
Patricia the owner and her staff look after you so well during your stay. It feels like staying at a friend's house.
A great deal of love went into creating this airy, stylish abode. Under the charming French management of Patricia and Jean-Jacques, Dar Liouba has six rooms, each one having a charming wooden balcony, carved by Essaouiran craftsmen, brimming with flowers, where you can look down to an interior garden with a ficus and solitary pine or upward to the skylight.
There's also a suite (Lavande) on the top floor with a beautifully long, slim coffee table surrounded by plump pink sofas; and from here it’s only a few steps up to the expansive terrace with a panoramic view of the medina and the sea.
Climb down the spiral staircase and find a breakfast set table just beside the spacious, morning-lit lounge.
If you would like to dine with Dar Liouba, lunches and dinners can be prepared with notice - either traditional Moroccan or Continental.
- Horseriding and quad-bike rides.
- Outings to a large hotel with a swimming pool can be organised.
- Hammam and beauty treatments - Dar Liouba is happy to sort out a spa visit
- Go shopping at the souks (markets)
- Listen to traditional Moroccan music in the lounge and relax with a soothing mint tea on one of the roomy sofas
- Sip cocktails and enjoy a sunset view on the spacious terrace
- Excursions to the historical sites of Marrakech.
Dar Liouba is in the medina (old town) of Essaouira, on Morocco's Atlantic Coast.