Located only a few minutes from the souks, the port and the beach, Dar Liouba is the perfect base from which to explore Essaouira. Dar Liouba is a former Imam’s house nestled in the heart of Essaouira's Medina.
It offers an Arab-Andalusian inspired décor of rich, warm colours.
A great deal of love went into creating this airy, stylish abode. Under the charming French management of Patricia and Jean-Jacques, Dar Liouba has six rooms, each one having a charming wooden balcony, carved by Essaouiran craftsmen, brimming with flowers, where you can look down to an interior garden with a ficus and solitary pine or upward to the skylight. There's also a suite (Lavande) on the top floor with a beautifully long, slim coffee table surrounded by plump pink sofas; and from here it’s only a few steps up to the expansive terrace with a panoramic view of the medina and the sea.
Climb down the spiral staircase and find a breakfast set table just beside the spacious, morning-lit lounge.
If you prefer to dine Dar Liouba, lunches and dinners can be prepared with notice - either traditional Moroccan or Continental.
- Horseriding and quad-bike rides.
- Outings to a large hotel with a swimming pool can be organised.
- Hammam and beauty treatments - Dar Liouba is happy to sort out a spa visit
- Go shopping at the souks (markets)
- Listen to traditional Moroccan music in the lounge and relax with a soothing mint tea on one of the roomy sofas
- Sip cocktails and enjoy a sunset view on the spacious terrace
- Excursions to the historical sites of Marrakech.
Dar Liouba is in the medina (old town) of Essaouira, on Morocco's Atlantic Coast.
Why we like it
Patricia the owner and her staff look after you so well during your stay. It feels like staying at a friend's house.