Vakkaru Maldives is a brand new, lush, green tropical island resort offering a fresh holistic approach to unassuming luxury with superb eco credentials. Famous for its manta rays, the diving here is exceptional, and the beach and water villas offer incredible space and ocean views.
Why we like Vakarru
Barefoot elegance meets impeccable service.
In Baa Atoll, plankton blooms during the months of May to November attracting mantas by the hundreds, often accompanied by whale sharks feeding alongside.
This resort appeals to couples and larger groups of friends and families, offering a wide choice of accommodation types from beach bungalows through to an exceptional four bedroom over water pool residence able to accommodate four adults and four children or eight adults. This makes for a lovely alternative to a private beach villa holiday. A larger resort with 125 beach and over water villas and suites designed with an earthy yet elegant aesthetic, offering an incredible sense of space and stunning ocean views.
Exceptional dining experiences served across four restaurants and two bars offers the perfect environment for everyone to relax, unwind and indulge in style.
There really is something for everybody here. Apart from relaxing, reading and sunbathing, there is also an abundance of activities available.
- Pamper yourself with a relaxing traditional Thai massage session
- Learn how to waterski and windsurf with the trained team
- Try scuba diving and enjoy a first experience underwater
- Have a fun morning spent out at sea on an incredible quest for turtles and manta rays
- Experience a night snorkel and observe marine creatures with glowing colours
- Visit a local island and immerse in the Maldivian culture
- Hop on a jet ski and embark on an adventure to search for wild dolphins
- The beach's shallow waters are excellent for water polo
- Explore the organic farm and biodynamic wine choices with the resident Sommelier, Stefanie
- Fly around Vakkaru by parasailing, with amazing aerial views of the island
- Experience big game fishing which the Maldives is famous for, on board a well-equipped fishing boat
- Enter a tennis tournament at the sports field
Parrot Fish Club
Children between the ages of three and 12 and well catered for throughout the day at the Parrot Fish Club. The choice of activities is impressive including nature walks, sand art, hula hoop games, shell collecting, panning for gold, kayaking, mini yoga, coconut painting, tennis coaching, kids aerobics, fun tube rides, kids try dive, storytelling, sunset fishing and cookery.
Located in the Baa Atoll. It’s only a short 25-minute seaplane flight from Male.
- Save up to £4000 when staying seven nights at Vakkura in 2019 (depending on travel season). Complimentary half board will also be awarded. Valid for all stays between 7 January and 19 December 2019. Some dates not applicable.
- Exclusive New Year Booking Offer for all Steppes Travel clients. New bookings will receive a 60 minute couples massage at Merena Spa once during the stay OR a Cocktail with Sushi sharing platter at Lagoon Bar once during the stay. Offer valid for bookings confirmed before 28th February 2019.