Six Senses Laamu is a stylish, yet understated collection of over-water and land villas constructed from sustainable materials around the palm fringed beach.
With a selection of restaurants, Laamu serves dishes, prepared by experienced chefs with some ingredients grown on the islands own garden.
Why we like six senses laamu
Six Senses Laamu has a relaxed, natural style but offers some of the very best standards of accommodation in the Maldives. It is also home to some of the best dolphin sightings in this stunning archipelago and great attention has been paid to their environmental responsibility. Of course, Six Senses manage and own some of the best spas in the world and Laamu is no exception.
Being the only resort in the Laamu Atoll it is reached by a float plane and a short speedboat journey. Surrounded by beautiful coral house reef most of the villas are built over water to benefit from this stunning location. Every villa has a dedicated host, so expect high levels of service. Request a sunset villa to watch the spectacular natural show every night.
Six Senses Laamu has 97 Beach Villas, two bedroomed Beach Villas with pool and Water Villas. This is a child-friendly resort.
- Great Bar Vibe with the best social scene in the Maldives
- Organic Garden providing locally grown food
- Popular Leaf and Zen restaurants provide
- Wine Cellar with over 400 wines on offer
Choose to watch a movie beneath the stars, or escape away to the Six Senses spa for a pampering treatment. Perhaps not known as a summer destination, Six Senses Lamuu comes into its own during the summer. This is the time of the year when turtles start laying their eggs and the surf season truly kicks in. Don't forget to register your interest on arrival.
- Surf the Yin Yang break from the hotel - one of the Maldives only and most famous surf breaks.
- Regular morning and evening dolphin spotting - as Laamu is located between two islands there are regular sightings from the resort
- Get involved with the Manta Trust & Maldivian Manta Ray Project, partners of Six Senses Laamu
- Treasure Hunts, Pizza making and snorkelling with the team from The Den Kids Club
- Grab your bicycle which makes getting around the island easier and more fun
Six Senses Laamu sits on the Laamu Atoll to the south of the Maldives archipelago. It is the only resort on the virtually uncharted Laamu atoll, deep in the Indian Ocean.