A two-masted Indonesian phinisi with burgundy sails, Tiger Blue has a swashbuckling feel to it that is reinforced by the ten-man crew and in particular the strutting swagger of 'Escobar', who is so much more than a snorkelling guide.
Allowing you to design your own itinerary, Tiger Blue is a relaxed and adventurous way of exploring the islands and marine life of this fascinating region.
why we like it
The setting, the activities might be superlative but, as ever in travel, it is the people that make it. The crew are outstanding in their attention to detail and lengths they go to look after you. Spoil yourself.
- Diving and snorkeling – wetsuits, rash vests, masks, fins and snorkels all provided.
- Watersports – water-skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking and paddle boarding
- Visits to islands such as Rinca to see the Komodo dragons
- Picnics and BBQs on remote private islands
- Relax on the sun loungers on board
- And of course, the children’s favourite: diving/jumping off the bow of the boat
- 5 cabins all with ensuite with a loo and shower.
- There is air-conditioning in each cabin room and also the facility to charge cameras, batteries, phones.
- Fully-stocked bar.
- The food is outstanding.
- Two zodiacs.
Tiger Blue sails around Komodo in the summer months and moves to Raja Ampat during the winter.