Capturing the spirit of an 1890's European settlers camp, Capella Ubud is made up of 22 extravagantly individual tented suites and lodges each with its own private salt-water pool.
Conjuring up an atmosphere of adventure and seclusion the rooms offer views of the rainforest, rice terraces, river and valleys.
Why we like Capella Ubud
We are excited by Capella Ubud’s quirky blend of a traditional camp with cutting-edge modernity. No trees were felled so nature is abundant thus lending itself to a feeling of undiscovered Bali.
- Eat in Mads Lange, the split-level dining room tent
- Treat yourself to dinner at Api Jiwa – stylish Asian food cooked over open coals
- Sit around the camp fire for marshmallows, hot chocolate and the occasional film
- Private dining throughout the grounds
- Retreat to your private salt water pool
- Have a treatment at the Auriga wellness spa
Time spent at Capella Ubud can be split between exploring Bali's spiritual heart with temple visits, cycling through paddy fields or venturing further afield with a helicopter journey. While at this tented retreat guests should allow time for the Auriga - the rainforest spa, chocolate tasting, or try your hand at Keliki traditional painting. Be sure to have afternoon tea or evening drinks in the officer's tent and spend a few hours listening to the sound of the forest from your private pool.
Sitting peacefully between Bali’s rainforest, rice paddy and Ubud’s sacred Wos River, approximately 20 minutes drive from the centre of Ubud and one hour and 45 minutes from the southern beaches.