Newly built for service on the Hooghly and Ganges, the Rajmahal has been built with a shallow draft to cope with low waters. A larger boat with 22 cabins, split between upper and main deck, the Rajmahal has a small spa and a vast canopied sundeck, complimenting the communal areas, which are all in keeping with traditional Indian-inspired design.
The first vessel of its kind to offer extensive cruising between Calcutta and as far north as Varanasi, the Rajmahal is a welcome fresh face on the Hooghly and Ganges, with top-end facilities.
- 22 spacious cabins with individual climate control. 14 twin/double cabins on the upper deck and four twin/double cabins on the main deck, together with four single cabins for no supplement.
- En suite shower/WC with biotique toiletries.
- Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage.
- Hair drier in each cabin.
- In-room electronic safe.
- Large sliding glass windows to provide panoramic river views.
- Shoe-cleaning after excursion
- Turndown service in all cabins
- Expertly trained culinary staff
- Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines
- Wide choice of wines, spirits & beer
- Complimentary tea, coffee & mineral water throughout
- Spacious air-conditioned saloon with library & recorded entertainment
- Local on-board dance & song performances
- Spa with choice of treatment
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass window with Freanch balconies
- Tea/coffee making facilities in cabins
- Refrigerators in cabins
- Intercommunication telephone in cabins
- High quality bathrobes & slippers.
Operating on the Hooghly and Ganges Rivers, the ship is usually moored at Kolkata or Farakka.
- Shore excursion programme including all admissions.
- Maximum 20 guests per guide on all excursions.
- Naturalist onboard the vessel.
Why we like it
A welcome upmarket boat within the Indian cruising fleet.