Previously a hunting lodge, Jaagir Lodge Dudhwa is now a private and luxurious lodge managed by The Ultimate Travelling Camp, situated in seven acres of forest grasslands in the lowland region of the Terai which borders India and Nepal. The main lodge offers a number of rooms and suites or there are two thatched roofed Brick Villas. Dudhwa is an unexplored paradise full of rich vegetation, forests and wildlife. It is possible to see tigers, elephants, rhinos and crocodiles here. There are also three other reserves nearby; Katarnighat, Kishanpur and Pilibhit. Dudhwa is also surrounded by fascinating villages where the Tharu tribe communities live.
Why we like the Ultimate Travelling Camp - Jaagir Lodge
Unknown and exceptional wildlife experiences. Spend at least three nights at Jaagir Lodge to allow plenty of time to explore all four parks that make up this wildlife experience.
Understated luxury in the wilderness, the Jaagir Lodge Dudhwa is an amazing fusion of antique furniture, beautiful wallpaper patterns, rich upholstery and an overall feeling of comfort. You have the option of staying in the main Lodge or in the Villas or ‘jhaalas’ located around the property. The Villas easily sleep four so are perfect for family occasions. There is a fully stocked bar area with open fire, a large verandah where guests have breakfast and tea and a freshwater swimming pool to cool off.
Early morning and afternoon jeep and boat safaris in the park, led by head naturalist Amit and his established team plus well-organised buffer zone walks and farm visits. Sundowners under the stars and private dining, machan style. Expect to see a tiger, rhino, leopard, gharial and fishing cat in this remote region without the crowds. A wildlife enthusiasts delight.
- Exceptional bird watching along the banks of the Sharda River
- Tractor tours of local villages and teaching opportunities in a nearby school
- Track tiger and leopard by jeep, witness the one-horned rhino and elephant from close quarters
- Gaze at the gharial and dolphin from a boat
The Dudhwa Tiger Reserve is a protected area in Uttar Pradesh sharing the northeastern boundary with Nepal. The Terai, the marshy jungle between the Himalayas and the plains of India has magnificent biodiversity encompassing Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary and Dudhwa National Park and their rich wetlands, rivers, lakes and ponds.
To access Dudhwa, fly from Delhi to Lucknow followed by a four-hour drive. Alternatively, it can be reached across the border from Nepal, a short two hour drive away including the border crossing which we can arrange. Ask us about the option of chartering a private plane to reach here.
- Enjoy this exclusive offer from The Ultimate Travelling Camp and save between £300 and £600 depending on accommodation choice.
- Bookings must be made between 60 - 121 days before stay to qualify.
- All meals including beverages, personalised butler, guided excursions and complimentary activities are all included during the stay.