Greece boasts 3,000 islands in the Aegean and Ionian Sea where you can enjoy the magical beaches, delectable cuisine, crystal clear waters and pretty hilltop villages with classic white-washed houses and vibrant turquoise rooftops set amongst quaint cobbled streets.
Why we like Greece
We like the people, we like the culture, we like the sea and beaches, we are fascinated by its history and we particularly appreciate the food. Even the wines are getting better. With plenty of regular flights, Greece is easy to get to and there is an extraordinary range of hotels and villas on offer which will appeal to all budgets and requirements.
What to expect on your Greece holiday
Greece's urban centres are home to some of the world's most glorious and prized architecture and the setting for some of mankind’s oldest legends. On the coast you will find bustling beaches and secluded sandy coves washed by clear turquoise waters.
For something different, head out to the Peloponnese to explore staggering landscapes with soaring mountains and lush green valleys. There are a number of UNESCO world heritage sites to explore, including Delphi, the spiritual centre of the Greek world and Mycenae, a late Bronze Age city with its imposing ruins.
The media may paint a grim picture of Greece, but the sun is still shining and as tourism accounts for some 16% of GNP, hotels and villas will welcome you with open arms.
Some ideas for a Greece holiday
- Rent a skippered catamaran and cruise some of the islands, stopping to swim or explore.
- Everyone, at some stage in their lives, should visit Athens with its vast collection of ancient sites.
- At Thessaly, the Meteora is Greece’s second most important group of monasteries, of which six are open to the public. The frescoes in particular are superb.
- We can suggest a number of hotels and private villas suitable for groups of friends, families or couples.
- In the Peloponnese you will discover Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games and the hilltop citadel of Mycenae.
- Explore the extensive ruins of Knossos, a 3,000-year-old frescoed Minoan Palace.
our Greece expertise
Most of our office have been to Greece at some stage, however Katie is our Greek expert and the best person to contact should you be contemplating a holiday to Greece.