Named after the Darwin finches which frequent the local area, Finch Bay Hotel is nestled across the bay from Puerto Ayora in a quiet beachside location on Santa Cruz Island.
The hotel offers 27 rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar serving locally inspired cuisine, and an outdoor swimming pool.
The hotel offers stays on a B&B only basis through to a complete full board package with daily guided land and sea excursions.
There are day trips by private yacht to Bartolome Island, North Seymour Island, South Plaza Islands and Santa Fe Island. Scuba diving can be arranged and there is plenty of bird watching, kayaking, snorkelling and mountain biking or walking trails lead to nearby Tortuga Bay.
Finch Bay Hotel is in a quiet beachside location in Puerto Ayora on the southern side of Santa Cruz Island. Fly to Baltra Island airport, then cross the small channel to Santa Cruz Island and transfer by road from north to south, this is a total journey of about one hour. Finch Bay Hotel is both close to the bustling town of Puerto Ayora and yet at the same time separate. The hotel is a five minute water taxi ride (hotels own) from the main dock in Puerto Ayora to reach the quiet, carless area next to a sandy beach. It is the only beach front property on the island.
- Swimming pool
- Bar lounge
- Beachfront access
- Scuba Diving, snorkelling, kayaking and surfing at various sites around Santa Cruz Island or other nearby islands
- Biking and hiking on Santa Cruz Island
- Wildlife observation with Galapagos National Park guides on Santa Cruz Island and the islands close by
- Island visits (Bartolome, North Seymour, South Plaza or Santa Fe) by boat with Galapagos National Park guides
- Visit the giant tortoises in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island
- Charles Darwin Research Centre