Exclusive four night package created by Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa, Michelan star restaurant 'Osteria di Passignano' and 'Antinori Wines' of Tuscany.
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa Tuscany
This luxury hotel overlooking the Chianti Valley in Tuscany is in a 12th-century castle and annexes on a 300-hectare estate with vineyards and olive groves. It’s 29 km from Florence and 43 km from Siena. Elegant, individually decorated rooms and suites are in the castle and the annexes, and come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and minibars. Some quarters offer valley views. There are 2 restaurants, a stately bar and a wine cellar. Other amenities include a premium spa, a seasonal outdoor pool, tennis courts and a fitness room.
Antinori Wine Cellars and Osteria di Passignano restaurant
The Badia di Passignano (The Abbey of Passignano), located in the Chianti Classico region of Tuscany, is an ancient monastery dating back to 395, when it was established by the archbishop of Florence. Even today it is still inhabited by monks of the Vallombrosian Order, who remain the guardians of their cultural and historical treasures.
The Osteria di Passignano Restaurant, born in 2000, was founded by Marcello Crini, a great connoisseur and enthusiast of the traditional Tuscan cuisine and wine culture; and Allegra Antinori. The Antinori family owns the vineyards around the Abbey, from which the Chianti Classico Reserve wine “Badia a Passignano” is produced, and which is aged in the cellars beneath the monastery.
From ceiling to vault, the old wine cellars of the abbey, today host about 2000 wooden barrels where Badia a Passignano Chianti Classico Riserva is aged; produced from the vineyards surrounding the monastery. Visiting these historic and evocative sites completes the wine tasting experience with an immersion into the “heart of the Chianti”.
Badia di Passignano offers a vast array of Antinori wines, including old vintages and rare bottle formats. Besides the wines, the Bottega also offers olive oils originating from the Tuscan estates of the family, and jams and truffled delicacies from Procacci, the historic and renowned delicatessen of Florence, owned by the Antinori family since 1997.
Inside the Bottega it is possible to taste a much sought-after selection of wines: those produced on the Antinori family’s estates, and a vast range of other labels on hand.
Package inclusions for two people travelling together and sharing a room:
- International flights in economy class return
- Return airport transfers
- Four nights stay in a double deluxe room.
- Daily buffet breakfast served at La Torre Restaurant.
- Wine tour and tasting at Antinori wine cellars in Badia a Passignano: Visit to the vineyards, with an introduction to vine-growing and production; visit to the historical Abbey cellars, followed by lunch or dinner at the Osteria di Passignano restaurant (1 Michelin Star) with a tasting menu paired with Antinori signature wines.
- Transfer to and from Badia a Passignano.
- One ESPA Treatment (55 minutes) per person at the Spa, to be chosen from the extensive Spa menu. ESPA Team will recommend the most suitable treatment, depending on the benefits you would like to achieve.
- One entrance per person to the Spa Heat Experiences before your treatment: Laconium, Caldarium, Experience Shower, heated Vitality Pool.
- One 4-course Tuscan dinner à la carte at La Taverna Restaurant for two (beverages excluded).
- Daily newspaper.
- TV on demand including movie selection.
- Courtesy shuttle to/from Florence or Siena according to schedule.
- Wi-Fi in room and in public areas.
- Outdoor heated pool (available during the summer months).
- Use of two tennis courts.
- Use of Fitness Suite.
Please note that hotel rates and airfares vary depending on dates of travel.
For a more detailed itinerary with great ideas on what to do and where to stay, please get in touch with our experts.