Since 1989, Steppes has specialised in creating innovative holidays to the world’s must-see destinations, as well as some of the world’s more esoteric and remote areas. Our core business is high-end tailor made travel however we also offer specialised, expert-led charters and group tours collaborating with charities and conservation agencies around the world.
If this advert resonates with you then we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Finance Director and Board, and overseeing financial department staff (circa 3 FTE’s) in day-to-day operations and providing management with financial information to aid decision making.
- Oversee all company accounts
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback, empowering team members to make suggestions for improvements
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing and legislative services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the Finance Director and Board with timely and accurate financial information
- Fully qualified (ACCA, ACA, or CIMA) with circa 5 years PQE
- Experience leading and motivating a finance team
- Review transactional accounting processes to identify and implement efficiencies
- Experience providing meaningful financial information to senior management
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org