Explore South East Asia's most fascinating country and experience the sights, smells and sounds of both modern and ancient cultures. Visit markets teeming with colourful fruits, explore hidden temples using old maps and go zip wiring to burn off energy. Cambodia offers a family holiday that can fulfil the wanderlust of adults whose backpacking tales need refreshing while allowing their children to create life long memories (and tales to tell back at school).
Ideas for a Cambodia Family Holiday
- Cycling Tour of the Temples of Angkor Wat – take breakfast in the temple grounds
- Let us book VIP seats at Phare, The Cambodian Circus – home to remarkable acrobatics
- Combine with Laos and spend a day at Mandalao elephant camp, Luang Prabang, offering hands on experiences.
- Kayaking on Tonle Sap
- Quad biking through the Cambodian countryside
- When visiting Angkor, keep temple fatigue at bay by reciting Indiana Jones bed time stories
- In Phnom Penh have a drink at The Foreign Correspondents Club or a meal at Friends, where street children are trained to be waiters and chefs - friends-international.org
Featured family properties in Cambodia
A stone's throw away from the busy local markets and convenient for visiting the ruins of Angkor.
Perfect for families with older children for the hustle and bustle and cafe culture of down-town Siem Reap.
Spend time trekking, taking village walks, kayaking and enjoying an all-important sunset drink on the deck
Luxurious wooden villas offer a departure from the norm are a welcome addition to the Siem Reap hotel scene.
Advice from Our Family Experts
“ Cambodia has so many things to see. Realistically hours can’t be spent at temples but with bite size visits and child friendly activities, a good insight into these cultural giants is very possible.”
Paul Craven | Steppes Travel Family Expert
Family Holidays with Steppes Travel