The options for a family holiday to Brazil are endless. A hugely diverse country that is home to the largest jungle in the world, the mighty Iguacu waterfall and over 4,000 miles of coastline. Listen to the squawks of the macaw in the Pantanal, learn to climb a tree in the Amazon or try fishing for piranha. Head to one of the beaches for some surfing, snorkelling or swimming or try the local pastime of football on the beach.
Family Holiday Suggestion in Brazil
Brazil offers limitless options of things to do or places to go with your family in Brazil. Our Brazil specialists have put together a 10-day holiday suggestion that covers Rio, Paraty and the islands and another that includes Iguacu Falls and the Pantanal, to give you some ideas.
Ideas for a Family Holiday in Brazil
- Explore the beaches of Rio by bike
- Try your hand at the Brazilian dance-based martial art – capoeira
- Learn which wild plants are used for food and medicine in the Amazon rainforest
- Try your monkey skills and climb a 60-metre tree in the Amazon
- Spend time on one of the many beaches in Brazil, time to surf, snorkel, swim, play volleyball or just read a book
- Visit Iguacu Falls, the most impressive waterfalls in the world surrounded by lush jungle and magical wildlife
- Join the locals for a game of ‘keepie-uppie’ on any beach in Brazil
Featured Family Properties in Brazil
Create a home away from home for pure magical family time. Spend your days swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, relaxing in a hammock on the beach or hiking to waterfalls and visiting nearby UNESCO towns for an ice cream and some culture.
A beautiful resort on a stunning two mile stretch of jungle-fringed beach, this is a paradise for kids. Great surf, Sea Turtle Project, children’s pool and a range of water sports plus a spa and babysitting service to ensure parents can relax too. Children under six stay free.
Your own floating adventure home from which to explore the Amazon, complete with guide, crew and cook. Clear warm waters and beaches, perfect for swimming and enjoying meals on the sand, a rainforest playground.
Stay in one of the two comfortable lodges, each with their own pool and search for wildlife including giant anteater, capybara, howler monkey, spectacled caiman and of course the mighty jaguar.
Advice from Our Family Experts
“Brazil is vast so don’t try to do too much. Three destinations in 2 weeks will give you huge variety and diversity but without packing and unpacking all the time
Roxy Dukes | Steppes Travel Family Expert
Casa Cairucu Villa, Brazil