Cape Town is very popular over the Easter weekend when runners, families, friends and chocolate lovers descend on the Mother City for a combination of sun, sea, mountains and fun! There is so much to do and see that we’ve listed our top ten’s below to help provide a little inspiration.
*Top Ten things to do with children in and around Cape Town *
1. Take the cable car up table mountain and enjoy a picnic on top.
2. Swim with penguins at Boulders beach.
3. Visit the baboons at Cape Point and scout for whales off the coast.
4. Visit the cheetah sanctuary at Spier, with a picnic of locally produced food and wine afterwards.
5. Eat fish and chips at Hout Bay.
6. Get hands-on at the fifth biggest aquarium in the world, the Two Oceans Aquarium.
7. Visit the theatre of Stars at the planetarium.
8. Witness the noon cannon fire from signal hill.
9. Take a boat ride to Robben Island and learn the history of South African democracy.
10. Visit the statue of Able Seaman Just Nuisance at Simonstown,
overlooking the harbour.
*Ten additional things to do in Cape Town*
1. Enjoy a harbour cruise and watch the city wake up.
2. Try a thrilling horse ride along Noordhoek beach.
3. Visit the Kirstenbosch botanical gardens and enjoy tea at the tea room.
4. Enjoy a behind the scenes tour or a live game at Newlands Cricket
5. Stock you cellar at the Cape Winemakers Guild Auction.
6. Fish for your own lobster off the coast at Simons Town.
7. Stop in at the Brass Bell for a beer or a meal overlooking the sea at
8. Join an African Drumming session at the Drum Cafe – Pumphouse.
9. Picnic at the remote and unspoilt MistyCliffs Beach.
10. Spend the night in an airstream caravan on a rooftop in the city.
With so much on offer, Easter in Cape Town is pure pleasure for the whole family and it’s not too late to book something for this Easter.
Please contact Illona to find out more about availability or planning your
holiday to Cape Town.