Six Senses Bhutan are the finest collection of remote lodges in Asia and a welcome addition to the other luxury level accommodation on offer. Designed to be experienced as a circuit, a stay at each lodge provides a seamless experience between the five lodges.
Each lodge is different, yet all share the same farm fresh dining and extensive spa facilities.
Why we like Six Senses Bhutan
With Six Senses incredibly sensitive eco-credentials, they fit perfectly with Bhutan's ethos to protect the environment.
The 82 suites are divided between the five lodges that are located across Bhutan in Paro, Thimpu, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang. All lodges offer infinity pools and an excellent spa. The interior design is minimalistic, creating a noticeable juxtaposition to the abundance of nature outside.
All Six Senses properties offer the signature Six Senses Spa and wellness activities. There are a number of signature experiences incorporated into each lodge by design, such as the unique bird watching bridge in Six Senses Gangtey.
The Six Senses Lodges are spread across western and central Bhutan from Paro to Bumthang.
- Six Senses Paro is on the site of old stone ruins. Perched high on the ridge above Paro Dzong.
- Six Senses Thimpu is located within apple orchards and pine forests, within easy reach of Thimpu town. Perched high on the hillside, with views of the valley, the design emphasis is on the Bhutanese culture.
- Six Senses Punakha is set amidst the rice fields overlooking the Mo Chu River. The lodge is well located for visiting the majestic Punakha Dzong.
- Six Senses Gangtey is based in the little-visited Phobjikha Valley, home to deep gorges and a quaint rural settlement. It is also here that the black-neck cranes make their home, of which there is a festival in their honour every November. The lodge has one of the most spectacular views across the valley.
- Six Senses Bumthang in Central Bhutan is within easy driving distance of the sacred monasteries and winter festivals.
- 2019 Opening Offer. Stay at least five consecutive nights in any Six Senses Lodge in Bhutan to receive complimentary use of a Six Senses car, guide and driver, free upgrade to full board and complimentary airport transfers.
- The opening offer is valid for booking and travel before 31st December 2019. Savings are based on two people sharing a Lodge Suite for seven nights and include all additional government fees and taxes.