Sophistication and adventure lie side by side in the vast and varied nation of Argentina, home to a diversity of expansive grasslands, high mountain ranges, cosmopolitan cities and an abundance of authentic and culturally rich estancias.
By day, gallop across the open pampas on horseback, wade in the sparkling trout rivers of Patagonia, trek across the dramatic slopes of the Andean Mountains or navigate through the wild and multicoloured deserts of Salta. By night, amble the sprightly streets of Buenos Aires, sample organic wines with delectable local cheeses or star-gaze at the "End of the World" in remote Ushuaia, the gateway to Antarctica.
What to expect on your adventure in Argentina
Our experts will carefully and meticulously tailor your foray across Argentina, a sizeable country that is some 2,200 miles from north to south and features a diversity of landscapes and cultures throughout.
Opportunities for adventure and exploration are endless, including incomparable horseback riding across expansive prairies, hiking in the spectacular Lake District, wine-tasting at the glorious and abundant vineyards of Mendoza or driving into the wilderness for an extraordinary experience in the surreal and otherworldly Puna de Atacama in northwest Argentina.
Visitors can experience the lesser-visited verdant pastures of the flooded Ibera Wetlands, witness the dazzling crashing of water colourful mist of the Iguazu Falls, or search for some of Argentina's rich wildlife population that includes cougars, armadillos and Patagonian hares.
Beyond the ordinary
- Drive a world-renowned route from Calafate to El Chalten to trek in Patagonia's Fitzroy National Park
- Take a boat trip from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Peninsula Valdes to search for whales, Magellanic penguins, elephant seals and sea lions
- Blend your own beverage at one of the vineyards in the wine regions
- Take a street food tour in Buenos Aires to taste and learn to make some of the classic culinary staplese such as empanadas
- Try a heli flight over Iguazu for a unique perspective of the falls
How can we make your visit to argentina special?
We believe that luxury is not just about white linens, silver spoons and opulent propreties, but in the gathering of carefully curated unique experiences. With Steppes Travel you can:
- Discover the capital of Buenos Aires in the company of a lecturer with specialist knowledge of your particular interests
- Explore the Colon Theatre, one of the world's top ten opera houses and top five acoustic venues, including the rehearsal rooms and studios not available to most visitors
- Receive a private tour of the private workshops of the silversmiths who produve jewellery for royalty
- Visit a number of remarkable sites outside of normal visiting hours to capture them at their most magical and without the crowds
Meet The TEAM
Our wildly knowledgeable travel experts James and Paul have years of personal experience in both travelling and designing specialist adventures in Argentina. They will be able to suggest ideas that you may not have thought of as well as take you to the places you have been longing to visit.
James has travelled extensively throughout Argentina (and the surrounding countries) and has visited more than ten times. He has travelled from Salta in the northwest of Argentina to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego, first travelling there in 1982, unwittingly entering the country the day after Britain had declared war!
Paul has visited Argentina several times, taking in the wildlife of the Ibera Wetlands, the exciting city of Buenos Aires, the mighty Iguazu Falls and Mendoza. He has a particular affinity with the mountainous regions and recently visited the south to explore the beautiful Perito Merino glacier and the peaks of Patagonia.