An Argentinian holiday is one in which sophistication and adventure lie side by side. Few countries offer the diversity like Argentina, taking in all landscapes and seasons in a single holiday. By day, spend time in the saddle riding across the Pampas, or wading in the sparkling trout rivers of Patagonia. Hike the impressive slopes of the Andes or travel across the deserts of Salta. By night, take a seat at the table of a world renowned chef to drink the silkiest of red wines and savour beef, so tender, it would turn a vegetarian.
- Explore the extraordinary landscape of the North West
- Visit high altitude vineyards
- Explore the high Puna by 4x4
- Visit the majestic Iguazu Falls
- Experience the falls from both Argentine and Brazilian sides
- Take a helicopter flight over the falls for a unique perspective
- For the ultimate wine experience visit Mendoza
- Dine at world class restaurants for extraordinary culinary experiences
- Explore the Andes or hike Aconcagua
- Visit Los Glaciares National Park with its spectacular carved valleys and blue lakes
- Experience the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier by boat
- Trek the stunning Fitz Roy range
What to expect on your Argentina holiday
We plan our Argentina holidays carefully so as to minimise travelling and maximise on your adventure. Argentina is a big country. Some 2,200 miles from north to south with wildly differing terrain and culture at each extreme. There is excellent riding on private estancias. But if riding is not your forte, there is plenty of opportunity for walking in Patagonia or the Lake District. Alternatively relax and drink wine in Mendoza. Explore Salta with its spectacular desert formations or drive further into the wilderness for an extraordinary experience in the Puna.
In addition there are vineyards, wildlife and wetlands to add to the mix of your trip to Argentina. Both food and wine are excellent and you can find small, sophisticated, privately owned hotels everywhere. Like its neighbour Chile, Argentina has a distinctly European feel in many parts which is instantly settling and allows for a very relaxed holiday.
Beyond the ordinary
- Blend your own wine at one of the vineyards in the Mendoza region
- Take a street food tour of Buenos Aires to make the most of the cuisine and learn to make some of the classic snacks such as empanadas
- Try a heli flight over Iguazu for a unique perspective of the falls
How we can make your holiday to argentina special
Luxury is not always about the white linen and silver spoons in premium venues, but about different and unique experiences. With Steppes Travel you can:
- Discover the capital, Buenos Aires, accompanied by a lecturer with specialist knowledge of your particular interests
- Explore Colon theatre, including the rehearsal rooms and private studios not available to the average visitor
- Visit private workshops of silversmiths who make jewellery for royalty and who will give you a private tour
- Visit sites out of hours to capture them at their most magical, without the crowds
Meet The TEAM
Steppes Travel are lucky enough to have James and Paul handling enquiries for holidays to Argentina. Both will be delighted to help you design your own special holiday to Argentina and can suggest ideas you may not of thought of as well as take you to the places you have been longing to visit.
James has travelled extensively in Argentina as well as through the surrounding countries and has visited Argentina over ten times. He has travelled from Salta in the northwest of Argentina to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego. He first travelled to Argentina in 1982, unwittingly entering the country the day after Britain declared war.
Paul has visited Argentina several times taking in the wildlife of the Ibera Wetlands, the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, the mighty Iguazu Falls and Mendoza. Though Paul is a mountain man and plans to visit the southern regions to experience the beautiful Perito Merino glacier, and the peaks of Patagonia.